Originator of the concepts of Blended Value and Total Portfolio Management, Jed Emerson has extensive experience leading, staffing and advising funds, firms, social ventures and foundations pursuing financial performance with social/environmental impact. In addition to his writing, Jed currently focuses on working with families exploring how to ensure a long term legacy by managing their full net worth for impact. He also advises investment firms on the implications of an impact investing framework for their practice. He is an internationally recognized Thought Leader in impact investing, social entrepreneurship and strategic philanthropy. Emerson has played founder roles with some of the nation’s leading venture philanthropy, community venture capital and social enterprises.
Some highlights from Ryan Honeyman’s Conversation with Jed Emerson include:
- Jed’s experience working in the non-profit sector before getting into philanthropy and impact investing
- Why we often get sidetracked into the “how” of impact investing, instead of deeply exploring “why” we are doing this in the first place
- Jed’s thoughts on reparations and whether wealthy individuals should give their money back to society
- Comparisons between the books Winners Take All, Decolonizing Wealth, and Jed’s own book, The Purpose of Capital
- Jed’s request for listeners, as they think about how to actualize his thoughts / advice in their daily lives
If you only have two minutes, click here for a highlight from the interview.
Help these ideas reach more eyes & ears:
- SHARE this post on social media!
- RATE Next Economy Now on I-Tunes!
- SUBSCRIBE to Next Economy Now: iTunes | Overcast | Stitcher | Etc.
LIFT Economy is an impact consulting firm whose mission is to create, model, and share a locally self-reliant economy that works for the benefit of all life.
Andrew Baskin, Partner & Executive Producer at LIFT Economy, specializes in regenerative ag-related enterprise and impact investing that advances the health of our soil, food-system, and climate. You can email Andrew at email@example.com.
Ryan Honeyman is a Partner at LIFT Economy and author of The B Corp Handbook: How to Use Business as a Force for Good (Berrett-Koehler Publishers). You can follow Ryan on Twitter @honeymanconsult or email him firstname.lastname@example.org.
The full and original article can be viewed on LiftEconomy.com
Visit the Invest With Values - Resource Directory to access leading investor information, opportunities, organizations, events, groups and tools.