Get on trend with the start ups and sustainable companies feted at Food + Enterprise
Investing in food is increasingly capturing the attention and capital of venture funds and angels in the US, edging tech out of its place as the only bet on the table. Attend Food + Enterprise Summit, April 8-9, 2016 (the premiere annual event of Slow Money NYC) and connect with Startup Entrepreneurs, share approaches with peers and get latest intel from Experts.
Why is the time now for developing your acumen in food system investing? Social and environmental changes are trending at a speed that will make traditional food ventures less viable to consumers and less profitable.
- Recent reports underscore how big food is losing market share and customer trust. The top 10 branded processed food companies have lost 4% of market share in past 5 years, as smaller, more innovative brands have seized the initiative, says Rabobank.says Rabobank By Elaine Watson+, 27-Jan-2016
- Entrepreneur Magazine and NY Times have both detailed how more risk capital is pouring into new food companies to capitalize on this trend and support its continuance:
- Why VCs Are Devouring Food Startups
- Venture Capitalists Are Making Bigger Bets on Food Start-Ups, APRIL 28, 2013
- $4 billion invested in 2015. That’s nearly double the $2.36 billion total for 2014 which was two and a half times the figure for 2013, according to AgFunder.
Local Investors should take notice –Small is truly beautiful and a serious business opportunity. Be the first to get on trend with the start ups and sustainable companies feted at Food + Enterprise